Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
It's... quite an about-face. In gen 6, Mega Evolution was all about bonds and friendship and stuff. Then the gen 7 stuff? Welp. Here's what the 'Dex says (they didn't have 'Dex things in 6):

Mega Salamence: "The stress of its two proud wings becoming misshapen and stuck together because of strong energy makes it go on a rampage. "

Mega Aerodactyl: "When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that's because its excess of power is causing it pain."

Which... I hate, because there was zero anything like that, and it was all about, yes, you have a special bond with your 'mon.
Oh, that's really sad. Damn.
Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Don't forget that in Sun and Moon there are the following NPCs...

Woman and Machamp who's husband and owner died in a car crash, and Machamp only survived due to being put into his pokeball at the last minute. She is being carried by Machamp, implying she is paralyzed.

The multiple people in graveyards that are explicitly there for humans who were buried.

The retired Eevee master who, due to age and mortgage, is forced to work a ****ty part time job and give up on his dream, and thus hires you out as a hitman to fight and beat all his old rivals, all of whom are in various thematic states of decay. Jolteon's owner has gone senile, Umbreon's owner is well aware that he will die soon, Flareon's owner no longer has passion for life, Leafeon's owner is desperately trying to keep herself beautiful on the inside even though her insides are rotting by her own words, the Sylveon owner IS ****ING DEAD.

There is plenty of darkness in these games you just have to look at it for half a second.
That, uh, that Eevee master sidequest...
Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
If you want dark Pokemon, I think Pokemon Adventure is darker than the games depict, and it's pretty serious and pretty interesting if you like that kind of thing.

Also, N's story is pretty dark when you understand that Ghestis was manipulating him the entire time. And now that I think about it, Lysandre wants kill all people because he thinks they messed up the world and don't deserve it.
Oh, yeah, I used to read it way back. I remember liking it.