"SEE, THEY ARE GOING TO KILL US" Jacob shouted from Cederick's shoulder when the monkey took a swing at which didn't make dodging the attack any easier. He noticed that the beast was moving in an unnatural way, though after narrowly avoiding getting his face clawed open he didn't think he had the time to properly examine what kind of magic (if any) might be in play here. Cederick took a step back and gave a quick angry look at the bird before firing another blacker ray from his cane aimed at the monkey. Jacob clearly sensed what his boss was trying to get across because he quickly moved a wing in front of his beak to indicate he would be silent from now on which gave Cederick the opportunity to address one of the guards.

"I do believe you are considerablly more suited for this kind of up close and personal brutality than I am, mister Overi." Cederick said to the guard standing next to him, hoping the guard would get his hint and step in between the poor scholar and the crazed ape.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
5 foot step back to get away from the monkey and standard action Eldritch Blast (no extra cold damage this time though). Hoping that Guard 2 (who I believe is named Overi) will step in between me and the spiremonkey and wack it with his sword)
Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[18] (same modifier as last time but with -4 penalty from firing into Melee because I don’t have Precise Shot)
Damage: (2d6+2)[11]