Round 5

Lydia steps towards the nearest kobold and misses while her summoned Lantern Archon disables the kobold that struck it. Amearin's Stinking Cloud expires, revealing Shukak between Olofire and Frederick. The elf misses with his Ray of Frost and his summoned centipede misses with its attack. Olofire finishes recovering from the nausea effect, the suddenly fresh air welcome in his wracked lungs. Jan casts Grease underneath Shukak, causing the lizardfolk king to slip and fall. Then Frederick steps towards the prone enemy and strikes him with an overhand slice of his sword.

Frederick hears Shukak angrily mutter from the floor of the chamber,"Fine! If I must die, I will take some of you with me..." before the lizardfolk king cries out, "By the blessings of Kyuss, I take Ilthane's gift!" He then drinks a potion (taking another stabbing strike from the paladin) as it seems the very sunlight dims...

A moment later, the six kobolds cry out in pain as they each burst in an explosion of green worms, leaving behind small swarms of the segmented creatures that instinctively begin to crawl towards the nearest living creature. As the reptiles die, the PCs can almost see their very souls fly across the room, entering Shukak and transforming him. Pitch black wings rip out of his back and his scales begins to crawl with little green worms. Though not mechanically any larger, the king seems invigorated and suddenly larger in presence, if not size. "Worms will feast on your corpses!" he bellows as he rolls and takes wing, ready to conclude his battle with the party!

Phase 2! The map is updated. Begin round 6!