Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
So, when I was running my own math, I was assuming that we couldn't rely on really strong magic items; according to the math I pulled up, a Level 8 character probably has a couple of uncommons, and may or may not have a single rare. That's pretty much limited to low-end magic stuff, so adamantine or enhancements, not both. I could cancel the crits, but they would still be hits, and that would be 35 damage per round.

If the fighter has a spellcaster buffing them up before the battle begins, it is a whole different story. A buffed-up wizard is in danger, largely because if something goes wrong they are just instantly dead, they can't fly high enough to be arrow-proof, and flight is a Concentration spell so they don't have great self-buffing options. But wizardy or clerical buffs on top of Fighter invulnerability or Rogue super-stealth, I think, could do the trick.
Yup. If you have a team of four, they should be acting like a team and buffing each other. They certainly shouldn't be letting 100 archers shoot them.