Spoiler: Yara
Show
Katraya gives a small smile. "You know, it speaks well of you that you are given immense power - and all of your thoughts are about how best to give it away.

"If I understand correctly, the god Dalvar invested His power in you. Doubtless He had His reasons; but my Goddess teaches that we are each free to choose our own path. It is for you to decide what destiny lies before you - whatever the gods might prefer.

"You have the keys to divinity. So are your goals best served by having unlimited time and tremendous power with which to pursue them yourself - or by handing them to someone else?

"Who better than you to serve the causes you care about? That is the question. If your answer is that there is someone else more suitable than you to receive this gift, if you truly wish to hand it over… well, I hope the object of your worship is deserving. For make no mistake, that is true worship: to see the object of your attention as more worthy than you of blessing and honour and glory and power.

"It is not for me to interfere with your choices, or to dictate the path ahead of you. But I will say this. You are a truly exceptional individual. You have proven time and again that you are more than equal to any challenge. That isn't the seed of divinity at work in you; rather, it is because of who He knew you would be that Dalvar allowed His power to come to you. If you accept the burden of immortality, you will use it to do great things - but you will still be capable of greatness without it. You needn't fear giving it up, if that is what you choose to do. You need only decide what life you want to lead - and get on with leading it."

Spoiler: Theo and Gunn
Show
Dawn is definitely breaking by the time Gunn arrives at the Temple of Charis, grey half-light giving way to true morning. The Templar on duty, recognising Gunn and Perseus on sight, has no hesitation about showing them to the High Priest's office - where he knocks and calls inside with their names, not venturing to open the door.

Spoiler: Rosalind
Show
You are sat alone in the foyer for some time, pressingly aware of the gathering dawn at your back. When someone does come, it is Lora, storming through the inner doors with an expression like thunder.

Seeing you, however, she stops short. Closing her eyes, she visibly composes herself before stepping forward and offering a smile.

"Good morning, Sister. Look, I've nothing against you - you've treated a great many friends of mine, and I know you're a good person. But I just don't see what you're trying to achieve here?"