View Single Post

Thread: How to Make a Bow-Kata Monk/Fighter?

1. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: How to Make a Bow-Kata Monk/Fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhios View Post
    Anyway, wasn't this the idea all along, using your bow and only the bow as your weapon? Judo Chopping or otherwise punching with the hand holding the bow is a different "weapon". Also, the damage type is different (piercing vs. bludgeoning).
    To be clear- the only reason I brought that up was because the last person I mentioned the idea to insisted they'd insist the Bow was an Improvised Weapon and so even if a Monk took it as a Kensei Weapon you could not be Proficient in it or do anything else related to the idea.

We had an extended argument before someone else entirely pointed out we were dumb because mechanically you could just throw a punch and accomplish the same thing so hitting them with the Bow itself wouldn't be any real difference.

That's why I mentioned it. Mechanically there is no difference between using the Bow as a melee Monk Weapon and just kicking someone in the nads. Bludgeoning either way and the same hit die. I obviously want to use the Bow but if arguments arise I have the easy counter of the distinction between Bow and Fist being meaningless to a Monk.
    Last edited by SociopathFriend; 2020-05-27 at 10:12 PM.
    It's time for a preemptive retaliatory strike.

Original online work - I've Been Reborn as a Dungeon Monster?
    Tvtropes