After killing one of these monkeys, Cederick gets blasted by some kind of spirit that came out of the now dead body. He surpress the urge to curse at it when the thing mentions to actually hurt him, he doubts the creature would understand just what kind of mistake it just made and he doesn't want to strike a bad impression with his fellow travellers. He does almost try to pull out his danger to rebuke the spirit but before he can try he realises it is not actually the ghost of the spiremonkey. It is more likely that these things are some kind of otherworldy being, possibily related to the cloud and almost certainly the one actually in control of the spiremonkeys. Weapons so far don’t seem to hurt them, but what about energy? He fires a ray at the one that hit him to find out. He then shouts at the others:

Those spiremonkeys seem to be controlled by these spirits, if we can subdue the monkeys without killing them we might be able to prevent more of these spirits from arising

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Knowledge Devotion grants me a +4 against these things, so that should be useful.
I’m assuming that these spirits are not threatening me given that they are flying 10 feet of the ground. If that assumption is wrong, Cederick would like to take a step to the left so that he no longer has a spirit breathing in his neck before firing an Eldritch Blast

Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[26] (BAB+DEX+4). This assumes that Spirit 5 is not considered to be in melee with Guard 2 because he’s floating 10 feet above the ground, making it so that he is more than 10 feet away from Guard 2. If this assumption is wrong, apply -4 to this roll

Damage Roll: (2d6+4)[10]

Basically, my suggestion is to use non-lethal damage against the monkeys if at all possible.