View Single Post

Thread: A Cultural Tour Gone Wrong [IC]

1. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: A Cultural Tour Gone Wrong [IC]

Nilvalor

Though easily offended, Nilvalor masters his facial expression, staring back at Wendelstein with a neutral look. No doubt even a commoner such as this could guess that growing up in a Royal Court meant a life of intrigue and danger as evidenced by Princess Katrina's own position.

"I see you noticed my humble contribution to dispatching those assassins," Nilvalor begins, waving a hand as if to dismiss his own accomplishments, "whereas I must admit I have no memory of you doing anything until after the fighting was already done." Careful not to allow Wendelstein the time to interject or respond, Nilvalor carries on quickly. "In any case, this is hardly the time for boasting about past accomplishments or the extent of one's power. I am loath to do so even when time permits," Nilvalor lies, eager to show what he can do without revealing his limited mastery of the arcane. "The princess is still in danger. That should be our one and only concern."

Hoping that he has sufficiently redirected the conversation, Nilvalor looks back and forth between Wendelstein and Kyra. "If we're going to be waiting here until morning, none of us should be seen any more than is necessary. Someone may have spotted us coming out of the palace and we can't risk leading anyone back here."

With a flourish of his his hand and the words of a spell uttered, Nilvalor transforms into a tall human that could be Wendelstein's cousin, albeit with red hair and horrifyingly bad teeth for some reason. He speaks in a much rougher voice and says, "by tomorrow the rumors will be traveling faster than we ever could. We need to take control of them now while there's still time. I will go, either to the docks or the north gate, and spread the rumor that Princess Katrina has left, either on a ship home or on the road north to escape her attackers. That should buy us some time. But which rumor to spread? We cannot take that route in the morning, whatever else we may do.

What do you think?"
    he asks the princess, but turns to look at the other humans for their opinion as well. His eyes glance quickly over at the Warforged, unsure whether a word of affirmation from him would help or hurt his cause.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Nilvalor casts Disguise Self. Sorry for the long-winded response.
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-05-31 at 09:09 AM.