Quote Originally Posted by Keravath View Post
With gritty realism, you will want options that will do damage without consuming spell slots so that at least some of the encounters will allow you to conserve spell slots.

You could face an entire week of encounters before getting a long rest. Short rest resources will come back overnight.
That is my thinking behind warlock, as I’ll get 2 spells every day versus having to ration. But spamming EB seems boring. Every unique warlock build I’ve thought of in the past involves melee, which I guess I could still do while keeping EB for whenever I can’t get close enough. Is there a good way to make an archer warlock build that outdamages EB? I don’t need to be OP, but don’t want to waste feats just to deal less damage.

What about an archer wizard or a wizard whose cantrips equal the damage an archer can bring to the table. I’ve always wanted to play an archer type character and this is the first campaign where another character is not playing one. I’d do ranger otherwise but again think the group needs some arcane power.

Also thinking maybe a mountain dwarf abjuration wizard would be fun with the blade cantrips.