View Single Post

Thread: Beware of Bites!

1. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Beware of Bites!

Let's start off with a gambit of giving some strategic advice.

Quote Originally Posted by recruitment thread
    The Doubting Cop: Yeah, right, Evilest One. Pfffft, idiots, even your partner. But you've been friends for so much, you won't abandon them even if they are CLEARLY wrong. Town Human Role. You start knowing who the Trusting Cop is. In addition, you can (very begrudgingly) take suspects in, stopping them from doing anything that night. If the Trusting Cop dies, you go mad with rage- you lose your power and instead gain a kill power which you MUST use each night.

The Trusting Cop: You've always believed in this stuff, but now that you've got proof you won't stop until you catch all the evil monsters. Good thing your partner didn't bail on you, or you wouldn't be able to hold it together. Town Human Role. You start knowing who the Doubting Cop is. Each night, you may shadow a player and learn who they target and from whom they are targeted. If the Doubting Cop dies, you fall into despair and the lingering energy of the Evilest One overtakes you- you switch sides from Town to Evil.
    The recruitment post had a Lovers-type duo of cops, but their power changed if their partner died.
    One changed from a baner to a vigilante. The other joined the Evil. I'm not one of this duo, but I have some advice for them if they truly exists.

If the Doubting Cop is close to getting lynched, the Doubting Cop should claim their role and reveal the Trusting Cop, who I hope would verify.* I think the ideal "next move" would be for the Town to shift their votes to lynch the Trusting Cop.**
    If the Trusting Cop is truly the Trusting Cop, we have a confirmed vigilante. Yeah, wolves might NK him, but we could network at least for that night to coordinate a good target.
    If the Trusting Cop was not the Trusting Cop (e.g., the claimant was lying), we lynch the claimant next as a confirmed wolf.

If the Trusting Cop is close to getting lynched, whether or not it's worth revealing it and avoiding the lynch probably depends on a number of factors. Would networking get better if the Doubting Cop is confirmed Town? Is a vigilante better than a baner at the moment? Etc. But probably better to let the Trusting Cop die if he's up for lynch, lest he fall to Evil later.

*Not sure if the Trusting Cop would verify, though. If the goal is truly to win, in the sense of "Town wins is Town wins" and "Wolves win if wolves win", then the Trusting Cop's best chance of winning is survival if he thinks the wolves will win OR getting lynched if he thinks the Town will win. So they may or may not verify.
    **lynching the Trusting Cop claim prevents a number of bad things: the wolves NKing the Doubting and the Trusting switching sides, as well as two desperate wolves making a gambit of claiming Lovers and being able to hide

----

And, since I'm posting something, better include a vote. I like gac3's reasoning, but I dislike people voting based on RNG. So, to deter someone else from getting in the practice: I'll start another 2-vote wagon on someone via gac3.
    And if gac flips town, then suspicion on those who put suspicion on him.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-06-03 at 11:09 AM.