View Single Post

Thread: Character build help

1. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Character build help

I completely overlooked the gritty realism part. In that case I'll strongly suggest Celestial Warlock, since otherwise all your healing is per-long-rest. Get Fiendish Vigor and between encounters you can spam it until you roll max. Get Book of Ancient Secrets so you can ritual cast utility spells when needed, be sure to get Spare the Dying as one of your book's cantrips. Go Half-Elf for Str 15, Dex 15+1, Con 16, Int 7+1, Wis 14, Cha 16+2. Plan to take Inspiring Leader at 4th level, and once you have Celestial Resistance you can still use Inspiring Leader after a fight to refresh everyone's temp hp instead of resting.

Quote Originally Posted by jendar41 View Post
    I played a lore bard in the last campaign to level 8 and loved it. Had thought about it again, but am worried won’t have enough spells with gritty realism and no good regular action ability. Is there a way to make a good melee or archer lore bard with my stats, or would I have to go valor?
    Maybe dip Warlock 2 (take Bard at 1st for the skills), to use Eldritch Blast and have two short rest spell slots.
    Last edited by Biffoniacus_Furiou; 2020-06-02 at 10:17 AM.