View Single Post

Thread: Shapeshifter Villains

1. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Shapeshifter Villains

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cliché View Post

2) The main thing I'm looking for is what sort of scheme(s) a group of shapeshifters might want to enact. I've had a couple of ideas of my own, but this forum has been a great source of devious ideas in the past so I thought I might as well ask. If it matters, I want the shapeshifters to be working towards the same ultimate goal, but they don't have to stay together all the time; working solo or in smaller groups is fine. They can also have non-shapeshifting followers and such, it's only the main villains that I want to be shapeshifters.:
    So. I love this question. I’d say...what would YOU work toward if you were a shapeshifter with evil intent? It is sort of like the ring of Gyges from Plato’s The Republic. It makes you invisible and talks about corruption. So I love the idea of corrupting invisibility (and that inspired a certain other ring in a fantasy setting hehe). And shapeshifting is kind of like that in some ways.

So. Put yourself in the shoes of an enterprising young criminal. Why are you a criminal? What are your motives? Are you inherently evil? Or made that way? Then go from there.

Personally? The idea that you can be anyone would have you committing a LOT of murder. Murder for hire and murder for power. All to gain money and influence for power. So assassins and thieves that slowly grow into an organized racket. Then work your way up to the levels of enemies you want players to deal with.
    Last edited by blackjack50; 2020-06-02 at 11:39 AM.