Hey there! A few players of mine want armor created for a bird. The bird is one of our players. It's part of their whole story thing.

I'm only running part of the campaign on my own island. Anyways, they want armor for when they are a bird as they are a bird during the day.

Their companion had bones and gold candle holders, but I feel Gold would be too heavy.

Anyways, so I had thought to use Bone to make this armor.

Unfortunately, the rules for Armor in DnD 2nd edition is a bit different from that of other editions.

Their current AC as a Bird is 4. They want armor to make it better cause almost everyone else is in the negatives. The best being like AC -3.

I want to improve their AC by a little bit so it doesn't seem like a waste. However, almost all armor except for full plate would set their AC above 4. So that wouldn't work. Also, I have no idea where to find information about making bone armor.

So my question is.

1. Where can I find information on creating armor with specific materials such as bone, copper, etc.
2. This guy has the chance to make it magical, but aside from making it +1 Bone Armor, what else could I do?

Thank you. Much appreciated.