Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
I dunno.
Spoiler
Show
By the end of the game your character has access to some pretty valuable info that Alterra wants. The Degasi's fate for one, but more importantly the existence of a **** ton of advanced alien tech, other sapient races, and how to cure a potentially devastating pandemic that would open up a lot of alien worlds that would be otherwise closed to them. A smart person would smash their pda before leaving and bring just enough evidence of their claims to make them valuable.

Spoiler: IIRC
Show
Alterra's top brass are people who helped invent EX: the Seamoth so yeah I thought it was at least worth a shot at trying. Might be worth a promotion if nothing else.

Regardless, my fellow Subnautica players, I require your input! One of my goals, in addition to 'build an enormous glass bridge' and 'find out how many Floaters it takes to ruin a Reaper's day' is to

Spoiler: End-game spoilery bits
Show
Dissuade the Sea Crown from going extinct, seeing as it's a vital part of the reproductive cycle of the only creatures able to cure the super plague. Fortunately for 4546B's ecosystem, I can make a bunch of magic pots that will grow anything!

To that end, I'm planting a bunch of the things in whatever biomes they naturally occur in. I was going to use the wiki to double-check this, but it doesn't mention the one in the Disease Research Facility, so I don't entirely trust it.

My question for you all is, where else does the Sea Crown grow? I know I saw one in the Red Kelp Plains and I believe there was one in the Bulb Zone too. I'm fine with putting a few in places they aren't already (I'm planning to put some in the Sparse Reed regardless, since I have to go there anyway, and likewise I might put some in that giant mushroom tree if I can find a bit of cave big enough for a foundation to hold the pots), but I'd like to hit all the biomes they've proven they can live in already.