1. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XVI: Sworn to Carry Your Burdens

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Morrowind didn't do player-initiated fast travel, save through magic. You wanted to go from A to B? You walked, you teleported, you took a boat or a silt strider. You couldn't just say "I want to go to Balmora", select it on the map, and travel there... you had to know how to get to Balmora through the transit network.

Incidentally, my early game stronghold was always the Balmora Council Club. Kill everyone inside and it's a conveniently located focal point for adventures.
    And it added flavour. Interaction with the environment used to be a huge deal in the early 2000s, and this was one good way to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I love weird transport networks that arnen't fast travel to the point I made an Oblivion mod that was exactly that. Essentially magical Rabbit Holes that let you get nearby to a section of the map
    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    The idea was to connect Aylied Ruins, but I wandered slightly off the plan with it. Still quite useful and an alternative to Fast Travel.

The propylon index official add-on for Morrowind did something similar. I personally never actually used the propylon chambers for travel, however; they were way too far off.

An unrelated question: am I remembering this wrong, or did I have a bugged version of the game, but did Oblivion merchants never run out of gold, and instead had a maximum amount they could pay you per transaction? It felt like a programming bug.
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2020-06-03 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).