Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
The joke, is that the leader is being replaced.
Ah. I missed the joke. My apologies.

[This barbarian archer is so annoying.]
Can't you get an archer down there to kill him? And clear that barbarian encampment while you're at it.

[We follow our advisors advice and start on currency next.]
Alright. From the tech tree I see you still need to: Build a pasture, a water mill, 3 different districts, a wall, 2 more mines (ideally one of them on iron), a lumbermill and 6 farms in total. The sea inspirations are probably impossible, but it doesn't really matter. I'm surprised you haven't found a natural wonder yet.

[Right, peace.....]
Watch him hate you if someone declares war at you and you defend yourself!

[And since we hit a tech boost we got an era point.]
Nice. That golden age is yours!

[Um, advisors help. I'm really bad at choosing a place for this.]
Gladly. Let me just check the wiki for the advisor bonuses, I don't remember them at all.

"For the glory of the Inca's Governor Magnus is here to help, Chieftain Cassandra!"
Great! Now you just need whatshisname the educator to put in your capital and never, ever move.

[Here we see the Kyhmerians building Macchu Picchu.
You mean the Cimmerians?

[Since we have it boosted, we start on the wheel.]
[Now that Magnus is established in the city. Let's chop!]
With this new terrace food, not a single person will know of hunger in the Narrow pass. The word shall fall out of the Incan language.
[We also get 4 era points for building our unique terrain improvement.]
[And thus was the city of Olive lake built, stick by stick.]
[If I recall correctly, we start on horseback riding, but leave it till we can finish a pasture.]
[Mysticism since we have it inspired.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CASGNmf0Pec

[The eternal debate of, put campus here, or really good terrace farm here.
Terrace farm, no contest. In Civ 5, you needed all the science you could get. This is not the case in 6. Production costs have exploded, and you still breeze through the tech tree. Having more science can even be counterproductive, as it increases district cost. I always build a commercial and an industrial district in all my cities, because production is always a problem, money lets you bypass it by buying stuff and 1 trade route per city is OP, 2-3 campuses, tops, and a couple theaters.

[That's....actually not the end of the world, if it stays like that, I might leave it a bit.]
Yeah, it's fine. All shall be well when Smokey grows up a bit.

[These are the policies we choose.]
Good choices generally. And I tend to pick Classical Republic even when I do plan on going to war. I would have preferred Conscription over Discipline but it won't be long before you get a proper purple policy there.

[The AI builds all the wonders.]
Don't worry, it's just the useless ones that require no special placement. It can only accidentally build one of the good ones that do require some planning.

[I remembered!]
Right on time too!

Now, where to stick our learned scholars.
[Any suggestions, advisors?]
See below

[Any suggestions on where to go next? ]
I would suggest Drama and Poetry (unlikely to get the boost soon) -> Recorded History for the governor (will have probably gotten the inspiration by then, if not wait on it) -> Start Theology but leave it at 1 turn remaining -> Games and Recreation -> Defensive Tactics so you can build some cheap walls. Leaving useless civics, like Theology, at 1 turn remaining allows you to get full benefit of certain policies and then immediately change them next turn so you don't sacrifice too much of the good turn-to-turn bonuses. This allows you to, for instance, stockpile envoys, pick the diplomatic policy that gives you a second one for free when you place the first one, put one envoy in each city state you've met, and so get a bunch of them for free in a single turn. Stockpile money, pick the military policy that halves the upgrade cost and upgrade all your units. Or again stockpile money, pick the policy that gives 2 extra uses to builders and buy a few of them, two in the city with the appropriate governor (1 after you change to the policy, 1 on the next turn before you change back). It would be best if you could combine the above, but there are more than enough useless civics in the tree to allow you to do this all the time.

My district placement suggestions. I see some very nice farm triangle spots, but I didn't bother to mark them.

[The Smokey mountains. Where should I put it's academy?]
[The Narrow Pass. That blue orb is where I'll put a campus since it's not a hill.]
I marked the best campus spot for the Smokey Mountains, and I agree that one is the best spot in the Narrow Pass. I think you'd have too many campuses if you built them all though, as per my explanation above.

[And finally, Olive Lake.]
It has been a while since I've seen such an easy Zimbambe placement. You could almost put it wherever you wanted!