Quote Originally Posted by cZak View Post
Currently using LucidSavant's Celestial Tomelock build @6th level
It doesn't really come on-line until level three when you get the cantrips to cover your bases, but once you get there... It's Golden

Play the character as a Controller/debuffer that primarily stands back and supports the group; Repelling blast, Thorn whip, Misty visions, etc... The dwarf EK & 1/2ling Storm herald enjoy when I knock/drag enemies back in their reach

But if something gets in my face? Half-plate & a shield is very respectable for AC. Shillelagh & Hex are a serious reminder that I am NOT a squish... When I add on Green flame blade, more. MORE, I say!

Thought of multiclassing Divine sorcerer (thematic) for campaign reasons, but the delays just seem too painful; @7? Level 4 spells (and this just continues..., @8? ASI
I'm almost convinced 'straight class Warlock' seems the way to go. The options you bring to the table are just SO damn handy. The spot light may not be on you, but you WILL be making significant contributions

*I may(…) take Agonizing blast at level 7, or 9... damage is just not required of me. The opportunities other Invocations present are just so much more; Book of Ancient secrets, Misty visions, Mask of many faces, Devil's sight, et al on & on
Quote Originally Posted by 1Pirate View Post
The problem OP has with Ludic's build(which is AWESOME btw, had loads of fun playing with one), is that it requires 2 feats, Warcaster and Moderately Armored. The shield is going to gimp your V, S spells without Warcaster.
Quote Originally Posted by Evaar View Post
See the top post, first build on this thread:
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...fective-Builds

It is exactly what you describe.
Quote Originally Posted by Derijh View Post
I liked LucidSavant's Celestial Tomelock enough to base a character around his outline. I deviated from it a bit, in that I started off as an Aasimar and never took the moderately armored feat.

I ended up keeping a low AC so that I could be hit each round. I used my actions to cast bladeward and movement to provoke as many attacks of oppurtunity as I could each round. This allowed me to zap all the bad guys with Armor of Agathys - worked better at late tier 2 and early tier 3 levels.
I'm happy to see that so many people have been enjoying it!