Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaze View Post
But when it's romantic love with a child I think we can be happy that most people seem to be immune.

Since I presume most people don't want pedophilia in their games, I'd suggest either changing the age of the dragon, or abandoning the romance angle.
You're attempting to apply human concepts of development to a mythological creature. Stop that. Maybe a young dragon in your world is the equivalent of a human child, but that's probably not the case in the OP's world. In the OP's world a "young" dragon sounds to be the equivalent of a college-age human, seeing as it has moved out of its parents' place and is looking to find its own starting bachelor pad.

To the OP: "mate" doesn't have to be a purely biological or romantic concept for a dragon. It could be a social concept, with certain rules regarding what "counts" and what doesn't. Maybe non-dragons don't count. Maybe anything with a lifespan shorter than 500 years doesn't count. Maybe young dragons are expected to engage in romances with numerous partners (including non-dragons), sowing their wild oats before settling down with a proper mate and hoard. Or maybe the dragon doesn't care how much or little sense it makes to devote their entire life to someone who won't persist for more than a tenth of it (humans fall in love with others suffering from terminal diseases, why can't there be dragon equivalents?). Or maybe bronze dragons don't mate for life: that could be a rumor started by humans because they're too short-lived to see otherwise. They're your dragons in your world. The only lore is the lore that you decide to present to your players.