Quote Originally Posted by Rakoa View Post
One of my players is attempting to romance a Bronze Dragon and I am unsure of how to proceed.

My understanding is that Bronze Dragons mate for life, so choosing a human to mate with doesn't make much sense. She will be dead within a century, and leave him with no eggs to raise or anything.

Welcome advice on how to run this!
The first and foremost advice I would give is to not treat a creature's love life as having to fit proscribed rules of which they must conform. Perhaps this Bronze Dragon is one that doesn't want to mate for life. Perhaps they don't want children. And so on.

But beyond that, there are many ways to fit into those guidelines while still making this happen. Here are some ideas:
  1. Bronze Dragons do mate for life -- whatever that lifespan might be, and a 50-60 year (or, let's be honest, less. We're talking about an adventurer). A coupling with a PC race will leave them a widower at 110-120, right on cue for prime reproductive age for said dragon.
  2. One of the ways that Bronze Dragons qualify as mating for life (in their own minds) is that all their mistresses/misters are non-dragons (they 'don't count').
  3. Bronze Dragons are strong proponents of mixed race marriages (themselves being a halfbreed race, having descended from pairings of Copper Dragons and the now-extinct Tin Dragons ), and are more than happy to produce a line of half-dragons rather than a clutch of dragon eggs.