1. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    I've put a few hours into Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War now, and I'm enjoying it, but I'm struggling even on Medium difficulty. I'm not sure if I'm taking too long to build up forces and send them out, meaning my enemies get too well-entrenched and have enough units fielded that they can win by attrition, or something. How do I efficiently build up resources and troops so I'm able to actually win fights, especially since to get the good stuff I need to wait FOREVER for the research to be done and the buildings to be built. Thanks for any advice you can offer!
    Just to note, the AI seemed pretty okay, even at Medium, to at least make the best of their units. They often pull back injured units and heal them, play back-and-forth with you, etc. So don't feel bad about not steamrolling through them.

Some stuff off the top of my head:

-Get up to multiple production lines in a city as fast as you can. That means building infantry producer/vehicle producer/hero producer etc. type buildings pretty early.
    -Try to research techs relevant for the fewest types of units, rather than trying to unlock every unit ever. If you research both Assault and Devastator Marines, for example, you can't produce them at the same time, so your techs for them will be doubly useless.
    -Try to spot your bottleneck resources early, and build their relevant buildings. For example, multiple heroes will cost a lot of influence. Multiple buildings will want a lot of energy. Multiple units will need requisitions. Etc.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2020-06-04 at 03:56 PM.