View Single Post

Thread: Modernizing the Wheel of Time

1. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Modernizing the Wheel of Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Is there a reason why we see no women Black Ajah or Forsaken to use Compulsion (or another means) to break an Aes Sedai or a Wilder who can "channel" and then use said broken women as a Saidar enhancing battery via linking?
    I am pretty sure there is a mention that just holding The Power is a good protection from all but the most powerful Compulsions. Maybe channeling also has a good chance of removing a compulsion. Another possible reason: High-level Compulsion are only used by the Forsaken, for them the power boost from linking with an average third-age channeler would not be worth the effort.
    We do see both men and women Aes Sedai / Ashaman / Forsaken seeking out angreal and sanangreal to enhance their power, but with the women channelers it is so easy to create a link with another women, and you can then force yourself to be in control of the link if you are dirty and limit the abilities of the other women.
    With an (s)angreal the power is all yours, all the time. I is easy to use, and can easily be carried around, often even hidden on your person. That is much better than depending on the goodwill of others and setting up complicated rituals.

Quote Originally Posted by tiornys View Post
    I'm not sure why you think I think she didn't, given I said I dislike how she was used. I think she could have been done in a way that did no harm, but I do not think she was actually done that way.
    Sorry, I genuinely quoted the wrong post. I wanted to reply to (and have fixed the quote):

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymosy View Post
    Shoe horned, yes maybe. But that's what a shoehorn does. Insert foot into shoe, which fits the foot per se, but has a hard time going in.
    I think she fit the story pretty well, the actress did fine.
    Yes it was also the most lazy way to do it (love triangle), but better that than nothing I guess.
    Last edited by Seppl; 2020-06-04 at 05:45 PM.