I've tried out OpenMW for some minutes. It works really well. I also have to say that Morrowind is incredible. Something as apparently humble as the walk on the dock after you leave the ship is made in such a way, that you understand that you are entering a new world. And it can be that I simply am so used to it that it feels the right way, but even the silly swish-swish-swish-chonk combat feels good, compared to the loss of control over heavy hits in Skyrim and Oblivion (and the attrition from massive fatigue loss for a single power strike, as well as actually having to hit a lot of times anyway). The roulette factor makes trivial fights more interesting. I also like not having to stare at the talking heads. Written dialogue FTW!

The only thing I found somewhat grating is that, when you sell items, you have to choose the quantity even if you only have two of the same kind. Skyrim simply has you click once per item. I also haven't ventured far, so I haven't had to deal with fatigue loss.

Concerning speed, what I'd like is a mod that:
- increases base speed, and turns running into sprinting
- does not let you get overly slowed by encumbrance, because it simply stops you from walking much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Talion View Post
For the Tel Uvirith location there is "Building Up Uvirith's Grave" (and another one called "Building Up Uvirith's Legacy"), which turns that sorry tower into a fully functioning city. This includes silt strider transportation, an inn, a building for every playable faction, additional guards if you're a member of the legion, a city wall, and even an egg mine (your choice of using slaves or paid labor). I can't remember if you need to build the entire city first, but this also includes a throne room at the top of the tower, which has the pleasant surprise of a ring that instantly teleports you there.
Thanks for the info, if I really get around to a new playthrough, I will make sure I install it.