View Single Post

Thread: Modernizing the Wheel of Time

1. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Modernizing the Wheel of Time

Quote Originally Posted by Seppl View Post
    Ahh, yes, because fictional worldbuilding does not have to be consistent or make sense

But you are completely missing my point: Bad token representation sent the opposite message than should have been intended. Without it, everything would have been fine. Yhe demographics of the hero group would just have been representative of the general demographics in the setting. But by using token representation in unimportant scenes, you are actively saying that certain people are only good to serve as background dressing and are not allowed to be the heroes.
    Why does a male adventuring party in a fictional setting make more sense than a mixed one?
    Thats why it is called fictional.

But since you bring up demographics, let me ask you: what is the percentage of women in middle earth's population?
    How many % of the humans are female?
    How many % of the dwarves?
    Of the elves?
    Of the orcs?
    Hobbits?

How are the %ages of the named characters, you know, the ones who do participate in the adventure?

@lord khaine: well ok. I should specify that I am also on the side of diversity and fairness to everyone, just like Psyren seems to be. But as said I don't agree with the methods, or in that case, what he said about the force specifically. Arguments need to make sense.
    Last edited by Mightymosy; 2020-06-05 at 09:55 AM.