1. - Top - End - #6
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Fyraltari watches The Clone Wars (2008) for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That spoiler was mostly for ease of reading.

Because that's what the rank means? A padawan learns, a knight is good enough to be independant and a master is good enought to teach. It has always been my understanding that Obi-Wan was catapulted from padawan to master at the end of TPM both to respect Qui-Gon's wishes and because he just killed a Sith Lord in single combat. Is there any piece of lore in either canon that portrays Obi-Wan as a knight?

I mean if knights can have padawans how are they different from masters who aren't on the Council? Why aren't they masters even though they are somebody's master?
    There's that Yoda explicitly says "Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight the Coucil does. But agree on you taking this boy as your Padawan learner, I do not.... Agree, the council does. Your apprentice, young Skywalker will be." So they elevated him to Knight and gave him a Padawan. Knights are good enough to teach. I think of it like a grad student teaching undergrads, or an adjunct professor instead of one who has tenure.

Oh, a couple of other things:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Spoiler: Episodes 6 & 7
    Show
    Anakin and Grievous (You guys have other officers right in your armies, right?)
    No. No, they do not.

And finally, Season 2, Episode 11 is my fave. Excited for you to get to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I made the same point above, but in fairness if your only exposure to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker was Episode 2 then you wouldn't trust him mind an imaginary rock let alone take on the responsibility for the moral and emotional development of a superpowered child.
    They do cover that in the movie pilot, though; the council hopes that having a Padawan (especially an older, headstrong one) will force him to be more mindful of his own shortcomings.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-06-06 at 06:01 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2