Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
It seems like you are hoping that someone connected with the show happens to have the same particular problem with the books as you have, which strikes me as improbable*, although not impossible. But then you need for those persons to care enough to override other considerations (not alienating existing WoT fans by changing the story) and to have enough influence to overrule others (which is doubtful for several of the persons you listed).
Given that we no longer live in 1990, I'd say it's more likely than you think. Especially when you look at other modern fantasy shows and their growing non-binary representation - like She-Ra, Steven Universe, Dragon Prince, Doom Patrol and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
I agree. You need to adapt a book for it to be on TV. And I think most audiences will accept that. But obviously there are degrees of adaption. You can go low risk and adapt only so much as is needed to make it a TV show, or go higher risk to change the story or the way the magic system works.
I'm not as sure as you are that adapting RJ's 1990 vision with no updates at all is truly the "low-risk" option of the ones you present.