View Single Post

Thread: Precognition power (PL7)

1. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Precognition power (PL7)

There's not really any reason that you would ever have this power turned off. Rather than having a maxed out dodge/parry and then this power as well, you would build so that they're maxed out including this power.

If you do want to be able to turn the power off - or you're worried about being defenseless if your power is nullified - then you can reduce the ranks of dodge/parry that are coming from it and put them just straight into your defenses. You're not saving or spending any additional points, but you could have (for example) a base stat of 7 in both your dodge and parry, and then this power increases both of them by 3 ranks and adds the Impervious extra. This would be 3 ranks or Enhanced Parry and 3 ranks of Enhanced Dodge (for 6 points) and then Enhanced Extra: Impervious on both your dodge and parry (for 20 points) rather than the first bullet point. The power's cost is reduced by 14 (to a total of 41 points) and you spend an additional 14 points directly into your Defenses.
    Last edited by theVoidWatches; 2020-06-09 at 10:58 AM.
    Hi, you can call me Void. I prefer she/her or they/them pronouns, please. Yes, "they" is a singular pronoun. I write a superhero webserial called Paternum - check it out!

PEACH My 5e Homebrew, including...

Yet Another Warlock Rewrite (on GiantITP) Playtested Once!

Lycanthrope Base Class (on GiantITP) Contest Winner!

Vampire Base Class (on GiantITP) Full Class!

Inspiration Domain (On GiantITP) In Playtest!

Skinwalker Ranger Subclass (on GiantITP) Silver Medalist!