1. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    I've owned Middle Earth: Shadow of War for a while, so I decided to pick up and plow through Shadow Of Mordor first. The quality's there, but I've been finding the game distressingly easy (I'm still in what appears to be the first half of the game based on collectable numbers, hunting the warchiefs). I've already got max runes on all three weapons, and I've been resorting to dying on purpose just to have captains with decent levels (they seem to go up more if they manage to actually kill me).
    One of my big issues with SoM was that it was more fun when you were weak and a couple of captains was a huge danger, later in the game and fully upgraded you can be an unstoppable force of destruction... But sometimes, you'll come up against an orc who is also one of those. The sequel has difficulty settings and a bigger array of ways for orcs to counter what you can do, so it's a more satisfying challenge.

I hope I didn't sound too negative, as I like the original a lot, and since it's so short, running through it to make a Nemesis Forge with cool orcs to transfer to the sequel is very worth it. Incidentally, there's a very easy way to select which orcs in the Forge will be the ones transferred over to Shadow of War: Just keep Marking Target on the two you want until the icons move.
    Last edited by NeoVid; 2020-06-11 at 02:17 PM.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan