I will note that George Lucas decided his cameo character (Baron Papanoida) was Pantoran rather than Wroonian after this episode aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
The only alien left is Senator Chichu who is dejected by the whole thing. The Jedi ask her if she can't appeal to the senate so that they'd get authority to intervene. She can't without Cho's authorization... or the Speaker of the Assembly's. So this is a constitutional monarchy, then?
Spoiler: An episode a couple seasons later
Show
Baron Papanoida took over Cho's job, so I'm not entirely sure how monarchy-y (monarchish? monarchesque?) the whole thing is. Then again, baron is a noble title....And as you said earlier, "queen" is a title for an elected official elsewhere in the setting....
In conclusion, heck if I know; could be some sort of semi-presidential system for all I can tell.

Rex, five clones and the useless load have managed to flee to some natural ice bridge but it collapses under two speeders (how does antigravity even work?).
Based solely on the name, I imagine repulsorlifts generate lift by repelling the solid ground below them, and "equal and opposite reaction" with the sheer mass differential means the repulsorlift floats relative to the virtually-unmoved planet, in apparent defiance of gravity.

I think they could have explained that the planet held some kind of resource that was important to Pontara's economy which would have neatly explained Cho's insistance that the planet remained his people's property as well as the Republic and Separatist interest for the planet (what where they even doing there, anyway?).
C-3PO's whining at the beginning was to touch on this: Cho requested the Republic have an outpost there. Past that, I'd have to speculate to the point of making good-sounding guesses....