Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
Bioreactor is much easier to build, works anywhere that you can kill fish to feed into it (which, let's face it, is everywhere in Subnautica) and is thus a superior option, IMHO. Sure, it probably doesn't provide as much power as the thermal reactor does, but you're only powering a scanner room off it, it's not like you need a lot.
But you have to keep feeding it, where the thermals are place and forget. I have one outpost that I have a bioreactor/scanner combo in, and at the most inconvenient times possible it lead to a constant steam of base has power/base lost power messages until I finally gave up and turned the stupid scanner off.

I allow as it might be more viable if it was a main base that I spent most of my time in. Or maybe it’s the fuel; I was mostly using Lantern fruit since I could grow those inside the base and they doubled as food.

(As a side note, has anyone else almost accidentally commit suicide because they ended up eating a bunch of rotten Reginald they were trying to unload into the bioreactor? )