Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
But you have to keep feeding it, where the thermals are place and forget. I have one outpost that I have a bioreactor/scanner combo in, and at the most inconvenient times possible it lead to a constant steam of base has power/base lost power messages until I finally gave up and turned the stupid scanner off.
Remember, though, this is a *temporary* structure I put up to see if there's anything interesting in the surrounding area. If there isn't, it just gets deconstructed again--I don't build the thing and then leave it there, because once you've run a scan for a few minutes you'll see everything that there is to see in the list available in the scanner room, and most of the time there's just not anything interesting enough to bother leaving the thing there. Also, I don't leave the scanner running when I'm not actively looking for something, because that's just a waste of power whatever your power source is; plus, if you have the scanner HUD upgrade you'll get a load of annoying targets pinging on your screen.