Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
I've been playing some Command and Conquer: Remastered recently. The QoL improvements are great (queues!), the graphics are exactly how I remembered them with rose-tinted glasses, not as they really were. And the game is refreshingly tough, I've gotten my ass handed to me in missions I didn't remember giving me pause when I played as a kid. Either my memory is going, or I'm getting slow in my old age.

Mixed feelings about giving money to the company that killed Westwood and salted the franchise. But I'm having fun, at least.
I've been playing it too, and it's a lot of fun. A lot of love went into the remaster.

I had forgotten just how unfair Tiberium Dawn is. The enemy is always at least one tech tier above you, and the game often restricts you by taking away your construction yard or otherwise limits your resources.

And the balance! A lot of units are just worthless, infantry in particular. Red Alert did a much better job of making infantry valuable, but you're still encouraged to drop infantry once you start getting vehicles. At least they're better than the infantry units from Dune 2.