Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
Infantry worthless? This certainly does not match my experience. In fact I found the basic rifleman to be the most powerful unit. Once APCs come available for GDI APC with Rifleman driving into the enemy's base to take out the MainBuilding was the only tactic I used (and needed).

A group of Rifleman makes short work of any building with a frightingly fast pace.

Ot topic: I've finally settled on Ghost of a Tale and I'm really enjoying it. It just took a couple of hourse to "build up steam".
Maybe it was because I was playing Nod? No APC available to ferry units, meaning Minigunners were just tank tread fodder. Flamethrowers had such short range that they would often get outranged by the Minigunners and Grenadiers they're meant to counter, and building more than a couple meant that they would blow each other up because of how suicidally stupid they are. Rocket troops were useful-ish as anti-air/anti-armor up until you got access to Recon Bikes, which did everything Rocket Troops could do while also being several times faster and unsquishable by tanks. I found the Nod Buggies to be a superior choice for dealing with enemy infantry since there was no risk of a single grenade taking out an entire formation of dudes.

I'll freely admit that I'm not an RTS master though. I assume the balance is better for pro players that can actually get 20 flamethrower dudes to attack 20 different targets while socially distancing themselves.

Also, someone at Westwood really needed to be shown what a Minigun looks like.