View Single Post

Thread: The Hungering Sphere (Warlock Patron)

1. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: The Hungering Sphere (Warlock Patron)

Quote Originally Posted by werescythe View Post
    This is sort of an idea that gradually evolved an changed over time. Originally I had wanted to create a Hexblade equivalent for Pact of the Chain, then it evolved into some weird carnivarous pinball thing. Even though I doesn't execute the original concept, I feel like this could still be an interesting patron concept and so here it is.

The Hungering Sphere

It might be a little grim/dark in some of it's descriptions.

Feel free to look at it and give me some constructive feedback.
    Sorry for the tangent above, just very inspired by what you had down and wanted to get the whole thing down before I forgot.

Adding a sack of 30 hp to the field at level 1 is big. Probably too big. The limits to healing it are okay, but it looks like Mending brings it to full. I might look at the Battlesmith Artificer and how mending heals their Steel Defender.

The Catapult spell is fun but I'm not sure if this is supposed to be your primary method of moving the sphere around. Maybe I overlooked it, but did it have a speed on its own?

I had a sorcerer origin based on the Sphere of Annihilation, I'll post a link and you can mine it for ideas if you like. If you really like it you can buy it on DMs Guild.

Free

Paid
    Last edited by BerzerkerUnit; 2020-06-14 at 08:40 PM.