View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars Squadrons

1. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars Squadrons

Ah yes, the Star Wars fandom, where defining a sequel is complicated. I will admit XvT is mostly noted because it helped pioneer the multiplayer space instead of its actual mechanics.

One of the potential good pieces we're talking about here is that we may be getting a SW game that goes full in on the promise of dynamic music themes. Even the recent battlefronts began production before well, the DOOM model where sound tracks don't exactly exist but the gameplay assembles them. Combine this with access to the TOR sound team, who knows how to make SW music and we can get something special.

As far as tonally, if the single player is actually substantial, they Republic side is clearly modeled after the Rogues. That means many some me of us can take down our ritual shrine and stop sacrificing innocent Jawas to try and resurrect Pandemic. Hopefully EA will give us a more "the galaxy is in chaos we need to save it" feel from the remnant, instead of pulling yet another "we switched sides now we're-" could not make it through that sentence. The remnant are clearly going to switch sides half way through and we're all going to be disappoint in it.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2020-06-17 at 02:18 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC