Quote Originally Posted by Ammogromin View Post
So I recently held a session Zero and tried to parse what kind of new game my homegroup would want me to run. I ended up with a setting that essentially looks like spelljammer but with a higher level of technology. Sc-fi, High fantasy, vampires, traditional fantasy races, space travel, sky pirates, firefly, mass effect, treasure planet, space boats where all topics that came up and meshed with people.
I am familiar enough with spelljammer that I could probably make something looking like it, I just have a couple of problems.
1. I don't want a "Heavy Metal" style 80s swords and sorcery but in space setting. But I don't want the levels of tech you see with games like Starfinder or Warhammer. I want traditional weapons to be believable but have guns and such as well.
2. I can't seem to find ways to mix higher levels of tech like cybernetics with the setting I sort of have in mind.
It's the first time since January that I've really run anything and any ideas would really help me get the creative juices flowing.
Classic Traveller did this well, but the (psionic) magic system was not as robust as some desired.

Since the first edition, Mongoose, G.U.R.P.S., and D20 have all offered versions. Mongoose and G.U.S.P.S. Both tend to be rules-heavy for my taste, though I have never played their version of Traveller.

D20 Traveller should meld with 3.5 D&D with little effort.