Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
Sigh. I'm not that far into the game, but it seemed like that's where we were headed. I still do enjoy the actual gameplay (Though it feels like hitting the brakes hard after finishing DOOM Eternal), but the writing really seems more impressed with itself than it should be.
That's a shame. I was looking forward to the sequel even though I didn't feel the first game really needed one. The writing is what made the first game stand out so much, and hearing that they've botched that means I may not pick it up at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleship789 View Post
It's incredibly obvious if you've played AoE 2 before, even looking at screenshots of AoE 2 will probably feel a little familiar to you. While the game isn't a 1-to-1 reskin (for instance, there aren't any air units in AoE2), the two games are incredibly similar. Not just in the engine (since the games use the same one), but the way the tech is structured, the number of different resources, the minimal differences between factions, the correspondence between units in the two games (as you've already noticed), etc.
*googles*

Oh. Oh my.

That is pretty shameless, isn't it? Some of the blurrier screenshots are actually indistinguishable from AoE 2.