Father Lobster Knows Best

"But you want to let me know now, so I don't freak out and do something embarrassing later. Hrm," Magtok frowns, turning his head to peer at the various monitors and readings attached to the massive decapod's nervous system. Everything seems to be going more or less as predicted. He'll probably need to dump another bucket of seawater on this thing in a few moments, but other than that, things seem to be going smoothly. We can begin testing for sapience, and then the CRUSTASTUN phase shortly thereafter.

"Can I ask how fragile he is? Obviously I shouldn't be making any overt threats, but do I need to tone down my normal behavior to avoid spooking him? Play at being a normal human being, instead of a-Ebirah! Settle down or so help me, I'll fill the bucket with tap water next time!" Magtok yells at his captive, swatting another spindly lobster leg away from his face.

"Sorry about that, lab work trying to kill me again. But anyway, yeah, eccentric dad nonsense, am I going to need to tone that down a bunch? Does he have experience with the weirder parts of the Nexus, or is the MagCave by itself going to be an issue for him?" the cyborg asks, once he's managed to tighten the restraints and grab another bucket of salt water to splash over the massive monster's gills.