Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
So work finally has regular plague testing.

In other news, my nose feels weird.
Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Oh jeez, i wouldn't wish that test on anyone.
Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
Apart from the nasal assault and a mild headache? I'm fine, thanks for worrying.

In a few hours I'm going in for my third Covid-19 test this year, my cough is less than it was but I still have the sore throat I've had since March 15th, an x-ray last month should that I had pneumonia, but the previous two Covid-19 tests came back negative.

It's weird, back in April my crew of City and County of [Lankhmar] workers were given the task of making sure the morgue abandoned a couple of years ago could be quickly used again in case the bodies piled up and overwhelmed the new one.

During the last decade I've had to do repairs in there (and a couple at the new one), which was never pleasant. Right now (if it comes to that) they're probably going to use refrigeration trucks (like New York has), but (thankfully!) so far it looks like we're being spared what Italy and New York have experienced.
Most days I go up to the Jail to do repairs, and now my temperature is read each time. I'm asked "Do you have any symptoms?", and I (truthfully) tell them "Since October" (since everyone else with experience repairing the jail fixtures is retired or on disability there really isn't anyone to replace me who actually knows how to do the usual repairs anyway).
In the last several weeks the jail has been emptied out, cells that used to hold a dozen men now hold one to four. Otherwise in [Lankhmar] the streets are nowhere as empty as they were in late March but masks are ubiquitous now, and finally last week bookstores have been reopening!