View Single Post

Thread: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

1. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

[Olympian Extractions - Foreman's Office]

The woman behind the desk narrows her eyes towards Magtok, leaning forward suddenly. As she eyes him, she finishes off the rest of her glass in one swig. How disappointing, she'd been looking forward to meeting the Magtok she'd heard so much about. Not this quiet creature before her. "Not the type to beat ya gums? Nah, that don't read, honey." She chortles and clasps her hands together, fat fingers interlocked. "Ya think I don't know who you are? Mister bigshot? The boys tell me you don't love nothing' like the sound of your own voice, and yet." She shrugs, lips parted slightly. "That ain't the man I see." She shakes her head for a second before raising her brow. "Let's hope you still got it, huh?"

She sighs before retrieving a small journal from her desk and flitting through it. "Looks like we're needin' ya for both. An' there's heavy sugar in for ya if you do it right, honey."

"If ya don't... Well, you'll be left holdin' the bag, an' let's just say that Big Six ain't so nice as ol' Ms. Meggie when he's up in a lather."

[Olympian Extractions - Investigation]

As the pair discuss their next move, the weather worsens.

Snow falls in bittercold curtains over the Thunderhead District, covering scores of abandoned warehouses, crumbling apartments, and struggling businesses in an expansive blanket of ice. The dark, overcast sky above flashes periodically as lightning streaks through the clouds, clumps of wet flakes drifting windlessly down onto the buildings below. A harsh wind howls through the labyrinthine streets of the district below, producing flurries of snow. Despite the snowstorm which threatens to worsen as time passes, throngs of haggard workers march ever onward towards the factory.

After several minutes spent following the nearest group of workers, the pair will find themselves before the factory. It appears as a sprawling, unfathomably expansive joint structure composed of numerous refineries and power plants whose dozens of smokestacks spew foul black smoke into the murky air above. Neon lights glare whilst overburdened powerlines spark and thrum, snowflakes melting on contact. Enormous pipes flow from the factory throughout the rest of skyside as veins would, spewing all manner of wasteful byproduct down onto the land below. Scores of trucks move to and from the lots outside the facility at all times, and though the sky is dark, the area surrounding the facility is bright as can be.

A huge electric fence surrounds the entire facility beyond. It's about another twenty-minute walk to the front gates.

Spoiler: The Refinery
    Show

[Petroldactyl - Meeting]

Hades leans back comfortably in his chair as Kelligan speaks, though in truth, his mind is elsewhere. This was silly. What was he thinking, imagining that seeing to something as menial as a business meeting would make him feel better? This could have been accomplished by any one of his assistants, and likely faster. He frowns. "Mm. Let's keep things on the level." Not like they were breaking any laws, and if they were, laws would simply change. "There's a building in town, barracks. I expect your people will find it suitable." At this point, his eyes had all but glazed over. Had Persephone really meant what she said, earlier?

He sighs and starts to rise up. "Afraid I've no time left to punch the bag. Have your people meet with mine. I expect my police force."

[The Silken Whisper]

Larza, having helped herself to the bar below, is slightly more prepared for the gunshot than she would have been otherwise. Even still, more people had died around her today than she'd ever seen die, ever. She's fairly out of it. Once it becomes apparent that there was some sort of gunfight taking place, she scurries behind cover before shouting out.

"Hey, what the hell?!"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-06-24 at 11:03 PM.