View Single Post

Thread: Would Belkar have killed Kudzu?

1. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Would Belker have killed Kudzu?

Character-wise, in universe? Maybe. Maybe not. Belkar was - and still is, at this time of the released comics - is on the knife's edge when it comes to development right about now. Between Mr Scruffy and polymorphed Bloodfeast, he's been showing a steadily increasing disdain for attacking / seeing an attack on things that are small and squishy, but he's also not, y'know, a good person. If he saw Kudzu as an acceptable loss to smoke Durkula, then he might very well have.

However, all those questions and theories go out the window when you consider the fact that, meta-narrative wise, as in regarding the fact that all of oots is written by a human being, Rich probably wasn't going to write a scene in which a character we're supposed to empathise with, even just a little bit, straight-up oneshots a baby. I believe somewhere in the annals of the forum there's a quote of him stating that Kudzu doesn't have a statblock, because Rich didn't want to give a literal three month old one, because the main reason creatures have stat blocks is for combat? Therefore, I think it's probably unlikely that if Durkon hadn't moved Kudzu out of harms way, that Belkar would have hurt him.
    Last edited by deltamire; 2020-06-25 at 10:55 AM.
    I draw, and I write sometimes! Drow paladin avatar by me. They/Them