Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
As I recall, GW released an errata for the wolves straight after release and everyone flipped their ****.
Thats not new rules, thats bad QA because it was only present in some languages. More like misaligned text or typos, less "we know these rules are junk so here are fixes".

You've got a box of models, you've got an entire Faction, sitting on the shelf.
Nope. GWs dont really have that much 'cause there isnt that many of them. Independent stockists, bits sites, ebay resellers et al are the suckers stuck with it. GW has already made their money, so they couldn't care any less. New product though? LGS owners are morons who are super afraid of "missing out" on the new hotness, but also too lazy to actually learn their product. So they keep stocking on whatever is new even if they have a huge ass wall of unsold stuff to keep 'top of mind' and 'selection'. To then have to run sales and deep discounts just to get working capital back and rethread the cycle.

Also, Sales Reps will keep pushing adding lines to your account, which do come with some nice benefits but are a huge cash sink, as you will be pestered often to show pictures of your shelves to prove the mandatory stuff (and it can be a long ass list, depending on your tier) hasnt sold, and will auto-include it the moment it sold if you want to bring in any GW product. Last year Fenrisian Wolves were in the stockist program, so I had it in the shelf for a long, long time. Eventually someone sold it so I made a ton of pictures of it before shipping it, to keep sending them in during stock checks.