1. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XL: Bloated Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I don't know if 'warm' and 'cool' are the appropriate technical terms, it's just the ones that seemed to explain it most clearly.
    Well, the search terms checked out.
    The main problem with using those terms, however, is that we all see colours differently, and as such, colour 'temperature' is subjective, and that's apparently why nobody uses it.

But... yeah. That's why Imperial Fists tend to have silver aquila on their chest and Ultramarines usually have gold
    Imperial Fists haven't had silver or black Aquilas for a long time. I'm almost certain that that's a 3rd Ed. thing, back when GW's stock models were 5th Company?

Imperial Fists have a red Aquila.
    Sergeants have a red helmet.

...and then GW decided to go with 3rd Company, and gave them red shoulder rims, too. In 6th Ed., red went from their accent colour, to their secondary colour (Blame Matt Ward and Sentinels of Terra), and to me, it's never looked right. It looks okay on Hellblasters, 'cause the blue Plasma rounds out the three-colour triangle, but any unit that doesn't have Plasma, looks wrong. That's why I've said that Tor Garadon needs to be 9th Company, so I can have more blue on my models to round out the red Aquilas and Sergeant helmets.

EDIT:
    Shows what I know.

Spoiler
    Show

Turns out the most recent stock models are 5th Company again (they still have red Aquilas, though).
    Opening my Supplement reveals that GW has gone with a half-half of 3rd and 5th Companies. Not sure why they've gone for both.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-06-27 at 06:56 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome