1. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fyraltari watches The Clone Wars (2008) for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    She fell out of sight. However, she didn't die then (plenty of comics set after that point in the series, used her).

Most of Ventress's characterisation in Legends came from books and comics, rather than that series.
    As far as the show was concerned she died. Just like Sidious and Boba Fett died in RotJ. That other properties within the franchise (including this very one as I am pretty sure it was originally intended to be in-continuity) brought her back doesn't change that.

Season 2, Episode 1: Holocron Heist

Spoiler: Recap
    Show
    We open with Plo Koon leading a rescue mission as Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan are losing a battle on planet Felicia. Plo Koon powers through the Separatists fleet and brings a few gunships (these are space-worthy apparently) to Anakin and Obi-Wan's position. They're being flooded by droids and I kinda have to wonder what they're fighting for exactly, trees? Ahsoka and a group are missing as she was leading a patrol (with tanks, I might say) and she's got her own ennemy force on the run so she refuses to disengage (feels faimiliar...) despite her superiors explaining that the droids are only regrouping with their main force and that she can't take them. This forces the gunships to land in front of her, cutting her path to make them comply and witness her tanks being blown up as they leave. this whole battle feels weird, relally. They report back to the council as she is accused of insubordination. Yoda and Windu decides that a period of guard duty at the temple will be good for her. "How long? -Longer, now." Specifically she is assigned to Madame Jocasta Nu, head librarian of the Order. as she takes her on a tour of [S]Dublin Trinity College[/S ]the Jedi Archives. She explains to the Padawan that the most important secrets of the Jedi are kept into the Holocron vault wherein only memberes of the council are allowed, and so even she herself isn't. You know one who'd think that being Head Librarian of a monastic order would make you a member of the COuncil of said order but whatever Anakin and Obi-Wan start adjsting their strategy for the sector now that they've lost Felicia, but are interrupted by Yoda who has had a visoin of the future. Somebody is going to break into the Temple. The vision doesn't say who, when or what for, though, which make this vision both incredibly specific and utterly vague. This universe makes much more sense if you headcannon that the Force is a huge troll. Anakin and Obi-Wan figure the intruder will be after their war plans and codes and preapre to defend with that in mind.

Meanwhile Cad Bane is on the holophone with darth Sidoius. This seems to take place before the finale of season 1, because **** me, hence why he is on Coruscant. Sidious wants him to go steal a Jedi Holocron from the Temple. Bane initially refuses as the Temple is full of traps but Sidious can give him the complete plans of the place. Bane then agrees in exchange for three times his ususal fee (does he often work for Sidious or what?) and a warship. Bane then places an explosive inside his tech/butler droid (he pretends to be doing a check-up, claiming that the droid has had memorys lapses, which he of course doesn't remember) named Todo-somenumber I forgot who is just adorable. Bane then meets with another boutny hunter. He shows her a picture of a rodian Jedi named Bola Ropal who is their target after this job (Sidious and him probably discussed it off-screen). She's hesitant to take on the Jedi Temple but bane has the plans (and already identified a weakness within the Force fiel outside) and the dead body of a Jedi. She's of the same species as Zam wesell form AotC and so can change shapes to match the corpse (her clothes also hange and look like they're holographic. Is she actually naked?). Good that the existence of freaking changelings in SW is being put to use I gotta say. I do wonder how that perticular Jedi died without the ORder knowing about it and how sge manages to ape his presence in the Forcen though. The plan is that she will go in disguised and use a computer to deactivate the security and guide bane and Todo through the ventilation system because of course the Jedi Temple has an unnecessarily huge one.

The shapeshifter reaches the library and has to deal with a bored Ahsoka insistitng she can help with whatever Jedi business "he" has to make. After shoing her out, she helps Bane and Todo get in and eactivates the security measures (a bunch of laser). However Anakin And Obi-Wan spot that (plus Yoda has another vision telling him the break-in has begun; huge troll I tells ya!) and work out that the intruders are near the East Tower, very near the holocron vault. Obi-wan discrads the idea that they would want to steal a Holocron as one need to be a Jedi to open them. Err, you're fighting a war against a former Jedi rembemr? How is your working hypothesis not that Dooku is behind this attack? However they think that the intruder may be trying to pass through the valut to their comm tower to steal their encryption protocols. The shapechanger is getting excited talking to Bane through her earpiece and Madame Jocasta arrives to tell "him" that this is a library, quiet pleas! that the Temple has just been put on high alert and "he" should get moving. The shapechanger sucker-punches the old lady (way to go Jedi reflexes!) and steal her appearance. Meanwhile Bane has reached the last door to the Vault and does some techy thing to the lock while he orders his droid to cut open a hole in the wall (feels like this should be the opposite). Anakin and Obi-Wan figure that the intruders managing to evade them must mean they have somebody inside and order Ahsoka to be on the look-out for fake Jedi.

Ahsoka discovers that Nu isn't Nu and a lightsaber fight ensues. The chnageling manages to hold her ground surprisingly long but Ahsoka beats her and forces her to confess what's going on. Bane, having lost contact with his ally decides to throw subtetly out of the window and orders Todo to go through the hole he just made to the comm center (over his objection that the place must be crawling with Jedi) and uses a bomb on the door. He hides as Anakin and Obi-Wan get in, the smoke dissimulatin th e open door, they spot the hole Todo went through and pursue as baen enters the valut and takes an Holocron. Todo reaches the comm center and meets Yoda, Windu, Secura and Fisto. He tries to awkwardly make up a story but Bane remotely triggers the bomb. It's one of those polite bombs that beep for a few dozen secodns before exploding so you can understadn what's going on. windu force pushes him in the vent right on Obi-Wan and Anakin who force-push him farther away. and he explodes. Ahsoka radios in and explains what happened. they rush to to the vault and see that one Holocron is missing. tHey wonder what Bane could ever want for one and the captured bounty hunter volunteers the info (seriously they don't even ask her in exchange for leniency at ther trial or something) that Bane's next target is Master Bola Ropal. Windu and Yoda explain that Ropal is the guardian of a special kyber crystal which details the location of some Fore-sensitive children, the future of the Order. Oh and he is a the moment unreachable as he is on the front lines. Why is a guy witht that kind of responsability on the fornt lines, exactly? Why is that crystal not stroed in your mibrabry actually? Hell why aren't those children in the Temple as younglings already even? Anyway as they are all too busy talking nobody notice Bane wearign a Jedi robe (wher'd he even find that?) leaving the Temple by the Front door. jedi security sucks, man.

Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show
    tHis was a fun opener for the season. w=It certainly introduces Bane better than last time as he's hown to be competent and, through his relationship with Todo, a douchebag. More on bane's character next time (I've already seen next episode) but I4ll say that his jet-boots are very cool.
    This summary is pretty short because this is mostly an action piece and the battle at the beginning doesn't have much to do with the rest.
    Anakin and Obi-wan didn't do much and I feel the episode would have been served better if Ahsoka was the main Jedi after Bane (it's not like the absence of the others would have been hard to explain what with the war and all). Also Ahsoka's behaviour at teh beginning of the episode and the lessons she learns to see the big picture is a retread of the first Ryloth Episode. We've elaready been over that, should have found another reason for her to be on guard duty. (Maybe it's an obligatory thing for every Padawan or something).
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-07-05 at 09:26 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.