Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
I dont really get what you are saying.

Unless your grammar is intentionally strange and your post doesnt actually say something concise (in which case I didnt get the reference/Joke^^): Could you elaborate?
Eh, there was a mistake ('hearing it was a thing made me...' is how the second paragraph should begin), and one thing that's not clear (the Book in the last sentence is the fairy book of rules, not the Artemis Fowl book). I can see how that made it harder to understand.

The thing about the series is that it's a children's to Young Adult series (remember when those weren't all about teenage girls in dystopias trying to decide which hot boy to kiss?), beginning with books that were aimed at roughly the same age range as the Harry Potter books, but had somewhat better writing and plotting (the worldbuilding is a bit meh, although there's some good bits). Taking that into account they're relatively good, I've read both better and worse, and back when I was the target age range I don't remember there being much competition.

But either the second or third book (I think the third, it's been a long time) was so boring when I was the target age that I just skipped most of it. Read all the way up to Lost Colony though before I began focusing my reading on other stuff. So it's not the absolute best series in the world, but I'd argue that it's stood the test of time slightly better than Harry Potter has (if only because it can get me to actually care about the Artemis/Holly relationship in a way that I didn't about any of the HP ones).