View Single Post

Thread: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

1. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

[Olympian Extractions - Foreman's Office]

The woman behind the desk chuckles and leans back, the chair shrieking and squealing beneath her weight. She barely reacts to the spilled drink. What's yet another stain? "God damn, ha." Now, this was the show she was wanting to see! "Attaboy." Ms. Meggie smacks her lips before opening a drawer and retrieving a pair of cigars and a lighter. She lights her own, while the second sits upon the table. "Don't you know, honey? You are the product." She takes a drag before gesturing towards the cyborg. "You've got the goods, the brains to do what M.H. needs doin'." Upon the factory floor, visible through the grimey window, a coal-choked worker falls to his knees.

"Come have a smoke, huh? We on the up and up, here." She flips the lighter on towards the other side of the desk. "More than brains, though - you got that fire." Another nasty little laugh. "He could smell it on the sweat of ya brow." At that, she points a fat finger upwards, to the ceiling. She closes her eyes and exhales as she does so. "Mm, smoke-eater still got it." Should Magtok glance back, she'll lean forward and set her hands upon the desk. "We're days away, honey. Days away. When it goes down, and it goes down right, ain't nobody in this town but company folk. Some ain't gonna like that." She'll offer to light Magtok's cigar, should he seem interested. "Gonna be a siege. They gonna scream, an' fight, an' bleed, and it ain't worth nothing."

"And you're gonna make it so. And when you do? We gonna get you a suit you ain't gotta magic up."

[Olympian Extractions - Investigation]

All around the pair of investigators, exhausted workers clad in sweaty, coal-stained uniforms drag their feet through alleyways or atop sidewalks, glancing with suspicion towards them from time to time. This part of town is surprisingly well-populated, with several company stores flanked by numerous bars and small restaurants pushed up close to the factory, all of which bear upon neon signs some variation of the Olympian Extraction's company logo. Sprawling tenement homes and crumbling apartments rise up out of the ground at uneven heights, creating an asymmetrical skyline which resembles broken teeth.

Within the courtyard beyond the electric fence, a pair of watchtowers can be seen. At the front gates, four armed gunmen stare forward blankly, one of which whistles.

Once the two approach, a bored looking attendant waves from within a nearby booth next to the front gates.

"Hey - hey, you two!"

[Petroldactyl - Meeting]

Hades frowns. What had the green creature said? His mind was elsewhere.
    He turns. "Listen. I - just... get it done."

"I don't need to tell you what will happen if you don't."

[The Silken Whisper]

Once again, Larza was simply out of her element. This felt more like a warzone than a heist.
    Oh, but then! Someone mentions some guy.

That's a name she knows! "Hey, w-wait? Shunt? I... I feel like I know that guy!"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-06-28 at 04:32 AM.