View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate III (2)

1. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Baldur's Gate III (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Interesting. I confess that a person who plays BG2+ToB every two or three years, I couldn't finish Kingmaker. I found the combat gameplay underwhelming and the kingdom management just ended up demotivating me, which was disappointing given how excited I had been for the game to come out.

I agree that Kingmaker and DOS2 were probably important in the interest of WotC to make a new BG game, but my guess would be that teh release of Beamdog's enhanced editions of the original games were the main direct cause. They released an interquel, and hired David Gaider away from Bioware in what everyone interpreted as getting ready to work on BG3.
    Im given to understand that the Beamdog remasters were appreciated mostly because they let you play the games on modern systems more than for any of the new stuff they put out, which tended to be mediocre for the most part.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2020-07-01 at 08:12 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”