Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
No. The second time they also lost because the Dwarfes were a stronger power.
Power is power. If you lose its because you dont have enough of it. In this case the initial solitary Mighty were not enough to handle focused dwarfen magitech.

That goes for any sort of power. No matter what you go for, there will be a counter. That also applies to institutional power.

Yeah.. and no this does not do anything to disprove that the Dead King is relying on overwhelming force. Or even have anything to do with it.
Waves and waves and waves of Undeads already does the job of winning for him. He is already winning though overwhelming force. He dont need to use more of it.

Another fight, another situation.

Things that are not actually that superior. Because as such its funny we are even having this conversation. When Praes is the most crutch dependent army!
Proccer is the least. They rely on massed human regiments. Thats it. Sometimes heroes are along. And thats nice. But its not something thats intergrated into their forces.
The heroes act as independent support. Proccer is the least name dependent army. It has directly been said a few times.

Praes meanwhile is likely the most cructh dependent army. We got the awesome power of warlock, who is a walking army-killer, and for a time were likely the strongest mage on the continent.
We have Black, who directly has 2 Aspects dedicated to empower the army he leads.
And we got impossible to replicate, BS magical explosives. Thats 3 cruches, 2 of whom litteraly are "Some Named Guy".
While the last is something only Goblings can manufacture. When noone else has gunpowder, despite rich alchemical traditions, then i call BS on that.
As for Black, he is likely the biggest hipocrite in the story. i ABSOLUTELY dont want to hear anything about cheating from him.
And so, i cant think of cases where Praes has done that well denied their crutches. So i dont think their training is as superior as you make it.
The legions regularly fight without either Warlock or Black. Even in the story itself.

I'm not sure why you're pressed about the Goblin Munitions. They explain why those aren't made by anyone but goblins, and it's because the Goblins use devils as ingredients. Do you think Good Nations are going to let you get away with summoning the legions of hell with the excuse 'But I wanted to chop them up and make them into explosives! Honest!'

Black is a lot of things, but a Hypocrite is not one of them.

Praes did well rather consistently throughout the books. Keeping in mind of course, that Proceran strategy is entirely dependent upon the Auger, making it, while directly speaking less reliant, from a top down view more reliant on named power than anyone but Cat.