1. - Top - End - #403
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

Started playing The Outer Worlds.

Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed in it so far. Writing seems good, decent-enough diversity in conversations to be interesting, but the rest of the game is kinda...flat.

Trying to use Stealth as a "combat solution" doesn't help much more than "Deal an extra 20% more damage to the first guy you shot". You can't hide from enemies that already know where you are.

There also aren't a lot of alternate means of accomplishing quests. Seems like most of them are "Go here, kill everything with brute force or run away from them, come back". The most clever thing I've been able to do in a fight is wait for an enemy to patrol near a barrel and kill them before the entire base starts advancing on me.

There are a ton of locked computer terminals, and locked things require resources to break into while the skill determines WHAT you can break into, but a lot of those terminals don't have any relevant information. Lots of locked stuff are just emails of randos chatting back and forth.

The best way I could probably describe it is "Fallout 3 with better dialogue", which probably could have just been done with a mod.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2020-07-03 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!