1. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Honestly, it almost makes me want to pull out my PS3 and go back to the original game, see if I can get through that in full for once, so that I'm up to speed on what's actually in the original and what's expansion or new additions, and so that I'll have some idea what might be coming in the next installment. Not sure if I will, but weighing the possibility. In the meantime, probably going to try out that hard mode I apparently unlocked, see how that handles.
    On that point (in a spoiler, because obvious spoilers for the ending of FF7R):

Spoiler: Spoilers for the ending of FF7 Remake
    Show

I was pretty confused by a couple of the aspects of the end of FF7Remake (mostly about that Zack guy that pops up in a flashback near the end). I originally attributed it to not having played the original, so I did some research, and apparently Square Enix did something really, really interesting in the end there. That mega-sized boss you fight before fighting Sephiroth was quite literally the force keeping the game on the rails established by the original, and with its destruction the possibilities have been knocked wide open. It's even implied that this was arranged on purpose by Sephiroth because hew knows he's going to lose if fate has its way.

So, yeah, playing through the original to get a feel for what's next might no be as useful as the game being a remake might imply.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-07-05 at 11:30 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays