Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Seconded. I also dislike that, because it's both simpler and more accurate to just chalk it up as bad writing. I also think a good deal of TCW has bad writing, like the infant using the Force (seriously, anyone with any experience with an infant would know that, even if they could access hidden powers like that, it would not be the controlled manner that adults or even adoloescents would have, but jerky, sudden, unpredicatable telekinetic thrashings, similar to how they "control" the rest of their body).
Meh, I don't think the Force is comparable to motor control, it's more spiritual than that. It doesn't look like Force users really have to think of how much (physical) force to apply and where they need to get the precise acceleration they want so that the object will move the way they want to. It seems more that they just have to want the object to move and it moves how they want to.

They don't move the object as much as, through the Force, make it want to move.

It's like drawing, in a way. The first time you try to draw you are disappointed because even though you have a lcear picture in your head you don't have (yet) the fine motor control required to actually translate that image on the paper. With the Force the image gets translated from you mind to reality without having to go through all these annoying muscles.